The Mary Rice Centre provides students with a broad range of learning experiences and opportunities:
- Basic learning skills in:-
Number work which entails simple addition and subtraction
Language reading alphabetical sound and identifying them
- Sign language for the hearing impaired
- Pre-vocational skills bead work,painting, drawing
- Life skills emotional control.
- Activities of daily living toilet training,feeding and grooming
2. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY AND BASIC TRAINING
- Maintain and improve Joint Range of Motion(JROM)
- Facilitation and inhibition of muscle tone
- Muscles strengthening activities and balance and coordination
- Facilitation of developmental milestones
- Appropriate modification and adaptations
- Training activities of daily living
3. INCOME GENERATING ACTIVITIES AND MICRO FINANCE
- Lending loan to parents to start small businesses
- Offer entrepreneurial training to parents on different business ideas
- Arranging workshops that will help them in managing their small business
- Start and monitor business progress for the parents
- Accessing business opportunity that can be useful to parents through research
- Making african handcrafts and attires and selling them as a way of generating income
- Monitoring parents projects which entails all the beneficiaries of Mary Rice Centre.
4. OUTREACH PROGRAM
- To identify children with special need
- Health education for awareness creation
- Facilitating both physiotherapy and basic learning skills at home.
- Facilitating both home and school visitation for children in the mainstream schools.
- Capacity building for parents and guardians through regular workshops and seminars.
- Organising parents and guardians to assist in programmes such as cooking, crafts and supervision of excursions.