- Love for God and neighbor
- Respect for life with all its
- Care for the environment
- To realize the potential of children with disability through access to basic education, life skills, activities of daily living (ADL) and vocational training.
- To improve the health, physical, occupational and cognitive abilities of the children through provision of Occupational Therapy and Physical Therapy.
- To empower the parent of children with disability in particular and other members of the community in general offer improved care to these children (outreach)
- To empower parents through provision of vocational, business skills and means so that they can generate income for family welfare To advocate and to network for the right and dignity of marginalized and disabled children and people with disabilities
- To strengthen the organisational capacity of the Centre
- Basic learning skills in number work activities and language
- Pre-vocational and vocational skills in beadwork, painting and drawing
- Activities of daily living such as feeding, toileting, bathing and grooming
- To carry out assessment of children with disability so as to plan for appropriate intervention measure
- Maintain and improve Joint Range of Motion (JRM)
- Facilitation and Inhibition of muscle tone
- To prepare and avail appropriate modifications and adaptations of equipment and aids in according to the need of a child , such as sitting aid, walker etc
- Carry out home visits and offer appropriate home programs.
PARENTS EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME
- To offer skill training to parents such as beadwork, tailoring and dressmaking
- To organize workshops and seminar for raising awareness in the area of disability.
- To monitor and evaluate the Income Generating Activities
- To guide parents identify markets where they can sell their products.
- To Identify and enroll children with disability to the centre
- To advocate for the rights of children with disability
- Networking with other NGO’S and institutions which are involved with issues regarding disabilities
- To avail our services to the children especially to those who cannot access the Centre through home training program.
- Conducting home visits to monitor the progress of children in our program
For day-to-day operations, the centre is directed by Br. Gerald Mgalula who takes overall responsilbity fo the smooth running of the centre. Teaching is coordinated by Catherine with the help of Sharon, who volunteers regularly in the centre. Esther is a trained occupational therapist and Jerusa oversees the micro-finance program. All of the staff work closely with each other, all of the time. Together we enjoy teaching children music.